The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] eS78 freezing after upgrade to LH III, charts not showing after downgrading
04-11-19, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-19 10:12 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] eS78 freezing after upgrade to LH III, charts not showing after downgrading
I recently purchased an eS78 (new) and an eS97 (“used”, but in original box, and all cables were still in bags), both running Lighthouse II. I intend to use these with a Quantum 2 radar, which I understand requires Lighthouse III to give the Doppler features. I’m getting everything set up on our dining room table using a 12V power supply and fuse block, before installing on the boat.

Following Chuck’s very useful directions, I upgraded to LH III by putting raymarine_atom-3.8.105.upgrade.iso on a card, and going through the Maintenance menu to upgrade. This worked well. I then tried to upgrade the cartography by putting the ray_mfd_AtomCartographyRX5v1_22.upgrade.iso on the microSD card. I’m not sure what you are supposed to do after this, since I went through the menus and did not see any option for updating cartography. Anyway, LH III came up and all looked good.

But, after scrolling around and zooming a bit with the Lighthouse charts, the display update seemed very slow, and then the eS78 froze, not responding to any touches or control inputs. After a minute or so, the unit rebooted. Repeat, same thing several times.

So I downgraded to LH II again using Chuck’s excellent instructions. The upgrade seemed to go well, however the chart app just displays either all black, or blue squares containing “Level: 8”, “Longitude: x” and Latitude: y”. But, I have not had it freeze now that its back on LH II.

More data: I swapped the Navionics chart card from the eS97 to the eS78, and it seems to scroll and zoom OK. Also, if I connect the with RayNet, they both display Navionics OK. Finally, the eS97 displays the Lighthouse charts just fine, so the problem is not a corrupt Lighthouse chart microSD.

I would really like to be able to upgrade/downgrade these units without fear of making them useless!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Gregg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] eS78 freezing after upgrade to LH III, charts not showing after downgrading - rgb - 04-11-19 03:48 PM