Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Axiom Pro S Depth Options
05-02-19, 11:09 PM
RE: [DG11] Axiom Pro S Depth Options
Derek,

Thank you for the reply!! The Axiom Pro 9 S is already installed, so going the RVX path is not an option. Digital depth is all that is needed. I’ve researched this as much as I can and have a few questions that hopefully you can answer.

My understanding is the E22158 converter is Seatalk NG and the Axiom is NMEA2K. There will be a 20’-25’ run between the two. The Axiom is in a NavPod, so a field terminated connector will be needed on one of the ends. What parts will be needed to connect the Axiom to the converter? Where can I obtain the associated pinouts to go from Seatalk NG to NMEA2K?

The ST50 plus has the round SeaTalk connectors. Multiple online forums state the mating connector is a Switchcraft 16282-3SG-311. Can you provide the pinouts for the ST50 plus? Which locations are the power, ground and data when looking at the Seatalk connector on the ST50 plus?

Is there anything else that I’m missing?

This installation is on a sailboat. The manual for the Axiom states that when powered off there is still a draw and to install a dedicated switch to eliminate this. What is the draw when powered off, but power is still being providing to the Axiom? I couldn’t find this in any of the manuals. Power is removed from the Axiom when the battery selector is switched off.

Thank you!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11] Axiom Pro S Depth Options - neflier - 05-02-19 11:09 PM