Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom MFD wind direction 60 degrees off
05-10-19, 02:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-19 08:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Axiom MFD wind direction 60 degrees off
Hello Mike,

Assuming your ST60 and Axiom are both displaying the same wind data type (both Apparent or both True), the problem will be the ST60's pointer calibration. This is not the same as the wind angle alignment (standard part of installation setup which I see that you've done), but a low-level, factory/self-test calibration which is not documented in the handbook. What's happening is that there's a difference between what the ST60 thinks is the wind angle (and that it's outputting onto the Seatalk network and trying to aim the pointer at) and where the pointer is actually aiming. I often find myself having to persuade people that this diagnosis is correct, people always instinctually blame the receiving rather than the transmitting display, but I can assure you that this was a common problem with ST60 and ST60+ (can also occasionally happen with i60) that we've seen many times.

If you recalibrate the pointer according to the attached document (Self Test stage 3), then re-do the wind angle alignment, I am confident that the ST60 and Axiom will agree.
To do the calibration, you'll need to step past Self Test 1&2 and go to stage 3, where you'll cycle the display through a series of pointer angles displayed in 30-degree increments in the LCD. In each case, you move the pointer clockwise/anticlockwise until the pointer shows the same angle as the number displayed on the screen. I would suggest going round 3 times: once to adjust, once to fine-tune and final time to check.

Regards,
Tom

Attached File(s)
.pdf  ST60_Wind_selftest.pdf (Size: 38 KB / Downloads: 1224)

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Axiom MFD wind direction 60 degrees off - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-10-19 02:53 AM