Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Integrating legacy Seatalk devices
06-05-19, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-19 10:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [TG11] Integrating legacy Seatalk devices
Tom, ok I made it over to the boat and was able to get all devices to work when I connected everything inside the pilothouse using shorter cables. See attached schematic. It seems that there is too much resistance on the 15 foot cable going to the flybridge as you suggested. Can I add supplemental 12v power for the flybridge devices? If so which pins on the ST cable should be 12 +/-?

Also, looking at my schematic do I have 5 or 6 devices? Not sure if the autopilot wireless remote counts as it links to the wireless transmitter.

-------------- earlier post:

Tom, ok I went back and reread the St to StNG converter manual and do not see where it indicates autopilot and non-autopilot St devices need to be separated. I think I may have read it somewhere on the forum which is why I asked the question in the product selection forum.

So if I understand correctly I can have up to 5 SeaTalk devices on this spur. The power will be provided by the 400G computer. See the attached diagram, does this look like it will work?

What i’m A little confused by is the manual says power shouldn’t be provided from both the SeaTalk spur and the SeaTalkNG network. Will the 400G provide power to the SeaTalkNG devices on the network?

-------------- earlier post:

Tom, thanks for the reply. I’m confused as when I was scoping out this project I asked in the product selection forum about integrating legacy SeaTalk devices into a SeaTalkNG network. Chuck (see http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=8143) confirmed in this posting that all SeaTalk autopilot devices should be to a separate St to StNG converter and St non-autopilots devices to a separate converter.

Are you now saying that all St devices should go through one converter?

Attached File(s)
.pdf  scan.pdf (Size: 383.53 KB / Downloads: 212)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Integrating legacy Seatalk devices - Wdeertz - 06-05-19 07:08 PM