Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11]Windspeed values incorrect, too low, after some time, especially with more wind
06-18-19, 03:07 PM
RE: [DG11]Windspeed values incorrect, too low, after some time, espec. with more wind
Hi Derek,

Thanks a lot for your clear response which provided input for further investigation last weekend.

The red to screen voltage is 7.95, so that seems fine. The yellow to screen I measured at the ITC-5 as well as at the connection box below the mast (they are close to each other). Also at the cable from the mast the voltage was quite low and changing all the time, probably because of the pulses. So I used 2 different multi meters. One of them showed values between about 0.3 and 0.6 volt while the other at some moments peeked just above 1.0 volt, but only incidentally. The wind however was quite weak varying between 3 to at the most 6 knots. So it is not clear whether the pulses are too slow to get the voltage high enough or that also under these circumstances the voltage should be higher on a simple multi meter and this points to a problem at the mast top connection or the unit itself, as you pointed out.

I hope you have some further tips to investigate the problem to determine where the problem might be.

Thanks, Regards,
Kees.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11]Windspeed values incorrect, too low, after some time, espec. with more wind - koskam - 06-18-19 03:07 PM