Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Network design - how to prevent conflicting data in ST1 network & STng network
06-25-19, 03:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-19 07:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [LW11] Network design - how to prevent conflicting data in ST1 network & STng ...
Thanks for the reply Louise

I will have to give the power some thought. I can either power the ST1 network separately and cut the red power cable between the ST1 and STng backbone. Or I can replace the ST60 depth with an i70s and extend the STng backbone to the companionway and run the i60 Close Hauled and the new i70s on the STng backbone. If I extend the STng backbone I would only have four instruments instead of six on the ST1 network. This is a more costly solution but something I plan for the long run. But had not planned to do initially.

Regarding the GPS source… I had the impression that the GPS on the e95 was more accurate and had a higher update frequency than the RN300. But maybe they have the same. My wish was that the RN300 would act as a backup and the GPS data would come from the e95 as long as it is connected/working.

When I get the question on the e95 regarding primary GPS source. If I select the e95 as the primary source will that affect the setting on the e95 only or will the e95 then become the GPS master for the whole STng/ST1 network?

And is there a way to get the e95 to act as a GPS master to the STng/ST1 network as long as it is connected and get the RN300 to automatically act as GPS master only if the e95 fails?

As a GPS backup it might be easier to just keep the RN300 disconnected from the ST1 network. And if I have a failure on the e95 I can power down the network and connect the RN300 to the ST1 network before power on the network?

Best regards,
Jonas

Attached File(s)
.pdf  With_i70s_and_extended_STng.pdf (Size: 541.4 KB / Downloads: 224)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [LW11] Network design - how to prevent conflicting data in ST1 network & STng ... - JonasE - 06-25-19 03:00 AM