Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] AIS - Own vessel appearing as AIS target
07-15-19, 02:53 AM
RE: [DG11] AIS - Own vessel appearing as AIS target
Hi,
I finally got back on board and will share my experience:

My vhf is an Icom IC-M506 with AIS which had 2 possible settings which I could alter:
1. AIS blocking - used to block MMSI codes of own or known nearby vessels to prevent unwanted alarms on itself. (This feature looks like what is needed on the Raymarine AIS!)
2. The NMEA2000 settings allows a ‘no data’ setting on AIS Messages.

I thought the latter the more likely to fix my issue but added my own MMSI to the blocking list anyway and switched the NMEA2000 setting to ‘no data’. Neither change made any immediate difference so I then did a full factory reset of the MFD. After rebooting, the ‘ghost’ target was finally gone! I felt I should try redoing the changes 1 at a time with resets in-between to determine if it was just one change that was needed and if so which - but to be honest I preferred to just go sailing!

So, issue seems sorted but I’ll keep an eye on it as it just appeared before for no apparent reason!

Thanks a lot for the advice on this forum - very much appreciated. (And if you have any input to the development cycle for the Raymarine software then perhaps a blocking feature on the Raymarine AIS software could be suggested as a future addition?)

Regards,
Peter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11] AIS - Own vessel appearing as AIS target - Peter ML - 07-15-19 02:53 AM