Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] I50 Speed Issues
07-01-19, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-19 12:16 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] I50 Speed Issues
Ktklaw,

Your diagram showed no interfaced NMEA 0183 devices ... is this the case? The only issue which I have found with your installation is with its use of daisy chained instruments. Originally SeaTalkng communications supported such daisy chains. However, no more than three devices should have been included within any such daisy chain. Accordingly and if desiring to use daisy chains, it is recommended that the SeaTalkng backbone be extended to the location of these instruments, that a SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector be installed at that location, that the daisy chain be divided into two daisy chains, and that each daisy chain be connected to a spur socket of the aforementioned SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.

It is considered to be a best installation practice that SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 devices not be interfaced via daisy chains. Instead, each device should be interfaced as an individual spur to the backbone. To this end, Raymarine's latest autopilot control head and i70S Multifunction Instrument Displays (MFIDs) feature a single SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 socket. If adhering to this practice, it is recommended that the SeaTalkng backbone be extended to the location of these instruments, that a SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector and SeaTalkng T-Piece be installed at that location, that each instrument be connected to a spur socket of the aforementioned SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector or T-Piece.

Should the problem persist when installed in the manner specified in either of the above listed networking descriptions, then it would be recommended that the i50 Speed be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] I50 Speed Issues - Ktklaw - 06-27-19, 10:26 AM
RE: [CA11] I50 Speed Issues - Ktklaw - 06-27-19, 01:43 PM
RE: [CA11] I50 Speed Issues - Ktklaw - 06-27-19, 08:34 PM
RE: [CA11] I50 Speed Issues - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-01-19 12:04 PM
RE: [CA11] I50 Speed Issues - Ktklaw - 07-01-19, 12:10 PM