Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding second depth sounder to C125 MFD
05-25-16, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-25-16 10:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Adding second depth sounder to C125 MFD
Chuck,

Thanks for quick response, and sorry about the mix up in responses. We have a sailing catamaran and I'm pretty sure the below water sections of the hull are solid fiberglass, probably between 1"-2" in thickness. My primary purpose is to have a depth sounder on the starboard hull. My secondary purpose is to add a fish finder (FF) capability. I'm not looking for fish below 100' since most of our fishing will be trolling while under sail/power. (I'm also not likely to turn around for fish unless we are under power.)

I am primarily interested in having both port and starboard hull depths show up on the chart page, but I don't think it would be necessary to have both on the fish finder page. We'll use the chart page for most of our underway periods and when approaching/departing an anchorage. We'll use the FF if we're serious about fishing underway, but more likely to use the chart page if we are making a longer passage. We never fish a night.

Since I'm primarily interested in in-hull transducer, I guess my options are somewhat limited. It looks like to CP 370 is the only current FF that supports the in-hull transducer, or will the CP 100 or CP 200 also use an in-hull.

Our last option is to go strictly with an in-hull transducer without the FF.

Thanks

Pete
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adding second depth sounder to C125 MFD - peteatbeach - 05-25-16 09:58 AM