The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] ADVICE ON CONNECTION OF RAYMARINE EQUIPMENT
07-31-19, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-19 08:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] ADVICE ON CONNECTION OF RAYMARINE EQUIPMENT
I recently purchased a 2006 sailing catamaran with the following equipment

Raymarine E12 mfd with radar, depth sounder, log and wind instruments and an interphase SE 200 forward looking sonar. This gear is all working fine I plan to replace the radar with a raymarine Quantum 2 Q24D coupled to an Axiom 12
chartplotter and install an AIS 700 class B with splitter. The axiom 12 system will have it's own power supply and aerial so I'll have the two independent systems running in parallel. If and when the interphase breaks down I plan to add a down & side vision sonar to the axiom 12.

I have quotes for the axiom 12, quantum 2 and AIS 700 from four different suppliers, however I was hoping for advice on the connection method, the description and price differ from each supplier.

Supplier 1 "STNG Backbone Kit"

Supplier 2 "seatalk NG starter kit with female Devicenet Cable"

Supplier 3 "STNG Starter Kit device net to STNG Cable 1 mtr."

Supplier 4 "NEMA2000 Starter Kit includes 2 terminating resistors (TR-120M-RD,
TR-120F-RD), two T connectors (N2K-T-RD), one 2ft extension cable
(N2KEXT-2RD) and one 15ft. extension cable (N2KEXT-15RD), & a
power node, one N2K-T-RD T connector.

My boat lives in Ballina NSW Australia and there are no Raymarine techos within 100 miles and even though I am an electrician I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks for listening.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] ADVICE ON CONNECTION OF RAYMARINE EQUIPMENT - popeye46 - 07-31-19 05:11 PM