Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] [CA11] 6 digit Password for new electronics
01-01-20, 09:07 PM
RE: [CA11] 6 digit Password for new electronics
I know that I will be adding to what has already been said, but I must absolutely agree with adding a security pin at a minimum. I recently purchased two axiom pro units and here are my thoughts:

1- Tho I knew the private seller is reputable, it would give some assurance to future buyers if the seller was able to verify it is their property to sell having the security pin

2- I have not installed these on my boat as of yet, because I trying to fabricate a cover that wouldn't look obvious to theifes. Half my battle is feeling comfortable even having such expensive equipment in plain site knowing that there is no security measures that any thief is aware of to deter them.

If a cell phone running Android could have a pin, then something costing 4x that amount should without a doubt have it a minimum.

From Raymarine's point of things, just think of how more desirable these units would be. If I had a choice of buying an MFD that was similar in price and performance, but one had an added security measure, I would without a doubt pick the one with the security measure.

I really do hope that this moves up the chains as I think it would be a great benefit to both the seller and consumer. Raymarine has come a long way in recent years and I think all of us that own Raymarine equipment just want to see it continue.

Happy New Year to everyone!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] 6 digit Password for new electronics - Mleads310 - 01-01-20 09:07 PM