The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Building a new system with Radar Overlay, AIS etc
08-21-19, 11:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-19 10:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Building a new system with Radar Overlay, AIS etc
Hi there I'm wanting to put in a new system in my fishing boat. I have basically decided on an Axiom 12 with Real downvision, a Quantum 2 radar dome for doppler radar.

When you fish for Salmon at 3 mph, it is very important that you can see all the small boats coming at you at similar slow speeds, often we can have 20 boats within a kilometer radius. That's one of the reasons why I want Radar overlay over the chart.

Now my questions are:
* Besides the Axiom and quantum 2 (plan to use WIFI) units, what else do I need to get?
* I was planning and hoping to use a Ray73 VHF (or similar) over NMEA 2000 to get the AIS (and distress GPS signal setup over NMEA 2000).
* I guess I need a heading sensor? Ev-1 or similar, would prefer to do it all over NMEA 2000 for simplicity.
* Plus cabling and device net spurs, terminators etc
* Main question: with all this stuff in place trolling at 2-3 mph, will I get radar overlay over the chart?

I'm sure this has been asked before, I'm sorry I couldn't find it here in the forum.

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Building a new system with Radar Overlay, AIS etc - andreasb - 08-21-19 11:41 PM