Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9, units settings
09-30-19, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-19 09:47 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Axiom 9, units settings
Hi Chuck,

Wind instrument ST60+
Depth instrument ST60
Speed instrument ST60
Autopilot head ST6000+ With rotary type I drive and a Type 100 computer running on 12 volts

I have done what you mention regarding the yellow cable on the Seatalk converter. Once disconnected I was able to select NM or other units. But once reconnected, it holds the unit previously selected until you choose another. It then defaults back to SM and I am unable to choose anything else for a unit.
Additionally to the equipment mention previously I have an external GPS Differential antenna and a Multi instrument ST60. My Axiom replaced a RL70 monochrome chart plotter.

Since the Axiom units can be change without problem when not connected to the Seatalk converter, the problem has to come from one of the elements of the network. I have done a bit of de-snagging. I have disconnect the external GPS antenna from the system but no change (in the Axiom network, internal GPS is the default GPS).

The eureka moment came up when I went trough the different pages of the speed instrument. The log page unit was in Satute Mile. By going into the calibration page I change the distance unit to NM and voila, Axiom change automatically to the same unit.

So my findings are; the speed instrument (ST60) is imposing the units standard to Axiom (I have tried to change the speed unit to km/h on the ST60 with the same outcome)
Every time I power on the instruments, ST60 speed instrument log page defaults to SM (ST60 speed instrument Version 2.02) Even if in calibration page the unit was something else before powering off.

My questions are. Is it possible to have Axiom being the master in choosing units for the network? If not, is there a way to change the ST60 so it default in NM on startup?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom 9, units settings - Wildcat - 09-30-19 08:12 AM