Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[CA] [CA11] I50 and I60 compatible with my present hardware?
09-26-19, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-19 08:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] I50 and I60 compatible with my present hardware?
NMEA 2000 backbone that is not the SeaTalkng backbone not work, right?
According to the E7 MDF manual it is not and therefore it does not make sense to connect them to a NMEA 2000 backbone since I mentioned I use the SeaTalkng backbone.

and: You cannot have 2 backbones connected together.

But I can connect NMEA 2000 devices to my SeaTalkng backbone on a spur.

But it seems that the I50 and I60 are also Sea Talkng devices which can be directly connected using Seatalkng cables to connect to the SeaTalk backbone right?

If I want the transducers to connect to my existing SeaTalkng backbone, according to the manual from my E7, I need an ITC-5 connector. (see manual E7 page 41 for a typical SeaTalkng system)

Is that the only way to connect them to my system?

I like to be more specific with my questions.

Right now my existing equipment on board is:

Raymarine E7 MDF Plotter,
Raymarine Autopilot EV-100,
Raymarine ACU-100
and control panel Raymarine P70

all connected on SeaTalkng backbone (not the NMEA 2000)

according to the manuals from Raymarine I can not have both NMEA 2000 and SeaTalkng at the same time, so than we stay with SeaTalkng right?

because the I60 and I50 plug directly into the SeaTalkng network?

The package (here in Sweden) is supplied with:
DT800-12 Plastic Transducer for Depth, speed, temperature
No need for an ST70 transducer pod or ITC-5.
direct connect to SeaTalkng backbone

So this data becomes available to all my devices on the SeaTalkng backbone?

But on the website from Raymarine I also find:
Compatible Models
ST70 & i70

Not the I50 and I60? I do not understand! Why is this sensor supplied in this package?

The I50/I60 packages also includes:
P319 200KHZ Transducer (ANALOG)
This one fits on the back of the I50?
or use a pod or ITC-5 converter connect to the SeaTalkng backbone?

But when it is plugged in to the back of the I50, will this data be available for the other devices on the SeaTalkng network?

The supplied windsensor (E22078 - VINDGIVARE MED 30M KABEL) plugs in directly into the back of the I60?

When the windsensor is plugged in on the back of the I60, will this data be available on my SeaTalkng nertwork, for example my EV-100 autopilot?

I70 system package wind, speed, depth

I70 connect only to the SeaTalkng backbone?
and for the sensors being able to communicate with the I70 we need to connect the sensors to the SeaTalkng backbone using ITC-5 converter, right?

Many thanks in advance for any information.

It is important for me be able to choose which fits the mest my existing equipment.
The I70 might be the best choice (I know already, it's a newer display), but the I50 and I60 need less space at the back of the units, which is better for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] I50 and I60 compatible with my present hardware? - udo - 09-26-19 01:04 AM