Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Engine gateway reset tab
09-27-19, 12:45 AM
RE: [TG11] Engine gateway reset tab
Hello laraby,

At this moment I don't have any more information about the Gateway reset than what the handbook says:
Quote:Gateway reset — System protocol information reset
I'll find out more about what this means.

The Engine Instance reset will re-configure the association between engines (e.g. a particular serial number) and its position on the boat (e.g. starboard).

Regarding the problem you previously reported, I am sorry to say that I don't have an update to this because as - if responses to your post, or my internal issue report are anything to go by - few if any other people seem to be suffering from it. None of the other Raymarine support teams around the world have responded to my post with their own cases, as would be the normal process. Not having any other cases to compare to, and not being able to get the NMEA2000 data recording of the traffic from the gateway, makes it veryhard to give you solid answers. I also don't have access to a similar system in order to do my own trials.

Yes, I would give the Gateway reset a go (I don't think that the engine instance reset will make any difference), and if possible, re-try the NMEA2000 recording because that would be very useful in trying to understand what's going wrong.

Regards,
Tom

(other related post: http://forum.raymarine.com/showthread.php?tid=9219)

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Engine gateway reset tab - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-27-19 12:45 AM