The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD
10-11-19, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-19 12:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD
Upgrade Help Request:

Thanks in advance to everyone who’s contributed to the forum. Your advice is invaluable.

Ok, thanks to Chuck and others, I think I now know enough to be dangerous when it comes to electronics upgrades & Sea Ray Networking.

Bought a 2002 Sea Ray with original era Raymarine electronics, listed below. Additionally, there is a “Sea Ray Navigator” computer utilizing NMEA 0183 to talk to the autopilot w/ST7001+ control head and hopefully the rest of the sea ray components. The SR Navigator has a built in Garmin GPS system with antenna connecting directly to it as well. I assume the Sea Ray components all use SeaTalk 1.

I want to balance getting some updated electronics for use inland on the great lakes, without investing too much in a 2002 boat. Given that, I’ve decided to update the radar and keep all other relevant working components I can. I’m planning to replace my analog radar and RL80C with a reman Raymarine Super HD 48” open array and a reman e125 MFD. I’m hoping to remove the now redundant A70 while keeping the pilot, depth, VHF and Cummins engine monitors. I believe I’ll need a GPS antenna for the e125 giving me a few devices using Sea Talk ng, several using Sea Talk 1 and the SR Nav using NMEA 0183. I’d like to use the e125 as radar and primary plotter for my pilot and have the SR Nav for redundancy or backup. All this said, do I need to convert the old devices signals to Sea Talk ng? Is there one backbone or bus I can convert to which might facilitate all communication? Any help on the best way to network would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Current Configuration:
Raymarine analog 48" open array radar - Replacing
Raymarine RL80C Pathfinder Plus Display/Controller - Replacing
Raymarine A70 – Remove and not replace
Raymarine ST7001+ Autopilot – Like to keep
Raymarine ST60 Depth finder – Like to keep
Sea Ray Navigator computer by Maptech – Like to keep
Dual Cummins engine status display's which work very well – Like to keep
Raymarine Ray240 VHF – Like to keep

Walter

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD - w.specht@hotmail.com - 10-11-19 03:45 PM