Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD
10-15-19, 02:52 PM
RE: [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD
Walter,

Q1. Under the dash, the ST 60 depth finder is connected to the ST7001+ pilot control head via a SeaTalk cable.
A1. It would be recommended that that the ST60 Depth instrument be disconnected from the ST7001+ autopilot control head. It would be recommended that the ST60 Depth instrument be connected to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit. An appropriate length of SeaTalk cable would then be used to connect the ST60 Depth instrument's second SeaTalk port to the remaining SeaTalk port of the 150G autopilot course computer. When connecting the ST60 depth instrument to the autopilot course computer, only the data (yellow) and ground (shield) leads of the SeaTalk cable should be used. The cable's red lead should be insulated to prevent shorting. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how the MFD would be interfaced to the backbone (SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter) and how the backbone would be powered.

Q2. the Radar display is connected to a 4 port SeaTalk black box with a second port cable going "somewhere" (another device or spliced into the 150G, I forgot now).
A2. Please respond with a photo of the "black box" as I am unable to identify it.

Q3. The A70 and Sirius Weather SR50 are already utilizing ST ng connections. Not sure how effective that bus is or whether they are communicating with any other components. They provide GPS to the VHF.
A3. No external GPS sensor has been identified within this system. Should a MFD having an internal GPS receiver be installed in a location which fails to afford it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead, then the MFD's internal GPS may have difficulty acquiring a FIX, maintaining a FIX, and/or suffer reduced accuracy of the FIX. The SR150 is not compatible with MFD designs introduced since the A-Series Classic MFDs. Some of the backbone components which had been used to interface them may be potentially used to interface additional devices (ex. Raystar 150 GPS Sensor, etc.) to the system.

Q4. In theory, adding the e125 should allow me to connect to the pilot, depth and vhf if I'm not mistaken.
A4. Correct.

Regarding the Ray240, it is recommended that it be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 output port 2 of the 150G to receive GPS data from the system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-15-19 02:52 PM