Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD
10-24-19, 01:02 AM
RE: [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD
**Update**

Chuck, Team Raymarine,

After pulling several dash panels and getting unobstructed view, I have a complete and accurate configuration update. This might be completely irrelevant given new config plans. After reading Interfacing products having a SeaTalk interface to SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000, I am definitely more informed and dangerous.

** Radar/RL80C - This unit will be decommissioned
(Config has changed slightly from my original post and is NOT connected to the 5 port Sea Talk junction box, previously reported as a 4 port SeaTalk block)

>Power NMEA port Plug/Cable - Direct wired to power block and yellow & orange (only) go to + - NNEA 1 out block on the 150G

>Transducer Port Plug/Cable - White to Radar Array

>SeaTalk Port Plug/Cable - To one SeaTalk port on ST7001+ Pilot Control

** A70 MFD - This unit will be decommissioned

>Power Plug Cable - Power Only

>SeaTalk ng Port Plug/Cable - SeaTalk ng out and to converter SeaTalk (1) end, plugged into port 1 on SeaTalk 5 port junction box

** SeaTalk 5 Port junction box (See picture)

>Port 1 - From A70 converted SeaTalk ng to SeaTalk

>Ports 2 through 4 - Empty

>Port 5 - This has the SeaTalk arm of a Y cable connected. Port 5 has one arm of the Y and is SeaTalk. 2nd arm is SeaTalk ng and goes to the SR50 SeaTalk ng port. The base of the Y goes to Power.

** ST7001+ Pilot Control

>SeaTalk Port 1 - To From RL80C Radar Display

>SeaTalk Port 2 - Spliced out to SeaTalk block on 150G

** ST 60 Depth
((change from my original observation) Config tells me this is only showing depth and not reporting to any other component. This shouldn't change your A1. from the last post and I will follow unless I hear different.)

>SeaTalk Port 1 - Power Only

>SeaTalk Port 2 - Open

>3 Pin - Transducer

** Sea Ray Navigator

>NMEA 0183 - Spliced to NMEA 2 in block on 150G
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The new configuration, again, will have the following components:

SeaTalk to SeaTalk ng converter is available
SeaTalk 5 port junction box is available

150G Course Computer
e125 MFD (w/Super HD Radar connected to Raynet port) - Where do I connect?
A70 Control Head - Connected to first SeaTalk on 150G should it stay there?
ST60 Depth - Not networked, but plan to daisy chain to A70 via SeaTalk Cable.
SR50 Weather - Where do I connect?
Ray240 VHF - Connected to 150G NMEA 2 out and plan to keep it that way
Sea Ray Navigator - Connected to 150G NMEA 2 in and plan to keep it that way

With the decommissioned items gone, I will have NMEA 1 in & out and the second SeaTalk available on the 150G. NMEA 2 in still has the Sea Ray Nav and out has the Ray240 unless that should change. Given the Sea Talk daisy chain and SeaTalk to SeaTalk ng capabilities with the converter I bought, my biggest questions are around connecting the remaining SeaTalk ng (e125, SR50) and SeaTalk (A70, ST60) components. Was thinking e125 NMEA to 150G NMEA 1 in & out and SR50 to converter who's yellow receptacle will take the plug from the last SeaTalk port on the ST60. This should close the loop unless I'm missing something. Not sure if power is needed to that converter also...

Hope my chaos is discernible. Thank you in advance for any help. I think I'm close here.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD - w.specht@hotmail.com - 10-24-19 01:02 AM