Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD
11-14-19, 10:24 AM
RE: [CA11] 2002 Era Electronics Integration To Sea Talk ng Radar & e125 MFD
Good progress on this upgrade/conversion, however, I have some quick questions.

Final Config =

e125 MFD
150G Course Computer
ST7001+ Control
ST60
Ray240 VHF
Sea Ray Navigator

I'm retracting Q1 as I caught the error of my ways. If I did this, there would be no SeaTalk network connection between the e125 and the 150G, only the e125 and ST60. I did want to leave it in for the forum though.

Q1. RETRACTED - Does my SeaTalk to SeaTalkng converted bus need to be powered? The only components on the converter will be the e125 which will be powered by the R62379 power/data//Video cable, and the ST60 which currently receives power from a switched circuit on my dash sw pannel. I'd like to keep it that way if possible. The 150G course computer currently receives depth from the Sea Ray Navigator, so, I don't need to connect the ST60 to the SeaTalk port on said unit. I'm thinking of leaving the power and simply connecting the ST60 to the SeaTalk converter to give the e125 depth awareness.

Q2. Can I run the red SeaTalk SeaTalkng converter power cable through the dash switch? That converter will not need to be under constant power, correct? It will power the bus when switched on allowing me to keep the switch in line, power and connect the ST60 if i'm right.

Q3. The e125 will be powered by the R62379 power/data/video cable. How does connecting to the, now powered, SeaTalkng converter handle that? Does it get power from the bus, sense it's being powered by the larger power/data/video cable or something else i'm missing?

Q3. Will the e125 on the SeaTalk network and Sea Ray Navigator on the NMEA in port on the 150G conflict? Of course, I want the e125 to be the master. Currently, the Navigator provides Plotting, GPS, depth (through its own transducer) and a route to the pilot if I activate one. All this via that NMEA 2 in. I don't plan to activate routes and am keeping it for backup, underwater topography and a few others things. Not knowing message order priority, I was concerned because there is almost always a discrepancy in depth and GPS from one device to the other.

I will post the final schematic of proposed install/setup once I have it completed. Thanks again,

Walter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread