The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Locating RV-220 Transducer
11-08-19, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-19 02:46 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Locating RV-220 Transducer
I'm trying to decide where to locate my new RV-220 transducers on my 35' Albin Tournament Express. The raw water intakes for the engines are located exactly where the installation instructions indicate they should go. I either have to move the intakes or find a new place for the transducers. Moving the intakes creates as many headaches as it solves so I'm trying to find a secondary location for the transducers.

I have done some research on this forum with regards to some issues I'm having in locating the transducers but haven't found the answers. The main issues are:

1) This boat has a skeg that sticks down about 12" (see attached photos) and if I put the transducers too close to the skeg I'm worried about reduced performance. How close to the skeg can the transducers be without suffering reduced performance? How will the reduced performance (if any) manifest itself if they are located too close to the skeg?

2) I recall reading somewhere that the transducers should be kept within 3' laterally and close to the same position longitudinally of each other. If I locate the transducers outboard of the inboard stringers they will be right about 3' apart. What is the max separation of these transducers?

3) Are there any noise issues with locating the transducers under the engines (Cummins 6BTA)?

Thanks for your help!!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Locating RV-220 Transducer - Bradfish - 11-08-19 08:54 AM