The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[LW] [LW11] Importing Routes/Waypoints into Wifi enabled plotters
11-12-19, 11:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-19 03:51 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[LW11] Importing Routes/Waypoints into Wifi enabled plotters
I have recently inherited a relatively recent Raymarine system on a new boat, having previously used a system from B&G.

My modus operandi on the B&G system was to use a weather routing application (in this case PredictWind) to generate a .gpx route file. I would then write this file onto the SD card in the plotter via the wifi network. In the case of the B&G plotter, the SD card simply appeared on the local network as a hard-drive so I could delete, edit and transfer routes as required.

To date, I have not found a way of replicating this functionality on the Raymarine plotter.

I am led to believe by my local Raymarine installer that this can only be done manually by removing an SD card from the plotter.

My plotter is in my steering binnacle so the idea of manipulating a micro SD card in the depth of the night, with the wind driving rain and spray on to the plotter is a non starter.

Please someone tell me that in this connected world there is a way on importing or uploading routes to the plotter without having to manipulate a micro SD card.

Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[LW11] Importing Routes/Waypoints into Wifi enabled plotters - Simara - 11-12-19 11:23 AM