The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] E120/E80/RD424/DSM300 won't talk to each other
12-09-19, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-19 04:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] E120/E80/RD424/DSM300 won't talk to each other
I could sure use some help. I have the following equipment installed on my Bertram. E120 MFD, E80 MFD, RD424 Radome, Raystar 125 GPS antenna, DSM300 and an Airmar P75 thru-hull transducer along with the original Raymarine Network Switch. Both MFDs are running v5.69 software.

We bought her as a project and installed all this gear 2 years ago (It came in the deal, uninstalled.) The configuration is exactly the same as the illustration on Page 20 in the E-Classic Series installation manual, with the single exception that the RD424 is connected to the Network Switch. It worked OK until early summer, except that I could never get the two MFDs to communicate. I had the radar and sounder on the E120 and used the E80 for GPS navigation. We put the Bertram in the dock for a few months while we worked with the treasure boat and just got back to her last week.
Presently I have nothing that will work other than the E80/GPS. The Raymarine Forum FAQs say that if the 2 MFDs won't see each other, to change the Network Switch. I did that, no change.
I reset to factory defaults/spec...no change
I have tried changing the DSM300 for another...no help. I have tried different ethernet cables...no change.
I changed out the Network Switch for a new one...no help.
When I run system diagnostics, everything checks out...Hardware, software, the SeatalkHS shows that it is active, but sees no devices.
and on and on.
I know a bit about computers and electronics, or thought I did up to now. What am I doing wrong?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] E120/E80/RD424/DSM300 won't talk to each other - billblack - 12-09-19 12:31 AM