Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom Pro RVX - High / Low chirp Transducers??
02-16-20, 02:17 PM
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro RVX - High / Low chirp Transducers??
I had a very frustrating hour on the water yesterday trying to get the Axiom pro to show bottom hanging my transducers over the side. We tried and tried changing the tilt and various configurations with a rope, holding them by hand, etc. It just never happened. I could clearly see the bottom on the screen, the transducers were identified correctly by the system but the depth indicator never changed from -. - . I tried both 50/low chirp and 100/medium chirp settings on each in about 300 and about 1200 feet of water. They are 20 degree tilt transducers. I can feel them clicking when I hold them. The low is much more pronounced than the medium.

This was simply a test to make sure they worked before installation. I am thinking that since everything else is working correctly that there may be nothing wrong. It may just be that it's just harder than one would think to hold a transducer steady for a long enough period for the system to identify bottom. If anything is defective, I think it would be the Axiom since I find it unlikely that 2 brand new Airmar transducers would both be bad.

Would you agree?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom Pro RVX - High / Low chirp Transducers?? - DFMott - 02-16-20 02:17 PM