Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Anti fouling on RV-220
04-27-20, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-20 04:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Anti fouling on RV-220
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Steve,

Q1. Was the Micron WA an appropriate paint to use?
A1. While not bad, it would not have been the preferred choice. It is generally recommended that water based antifouling paints specifically designed for transducers be used. Examples include Pettit Transducer Paint, MDR Transducer Paint, Aquaguard Transducer Paint, etc.

Q2. Should/could I use a special metal anti fouling paint on the bronze parts? (e.g. VELOX+)
A2. The paints referenced in my response to Q1 may be applied to the entire exposed surface of the transducer.

Q3. Is there any special prep needed on the black parts prior to applying the anti-fouling?
A3. Follow the transducer paint manufacturer's instructions.

Q4. Though not mention in the instructions, an FAQ mentions that copper based anti fouling should not be used. I could not find any info on the Micron WA data sheet about copper content, though it does mention 36% solids . Please comment about the copper concerns.
A4. Metal content within paints may cause galvanic corrosion.

Q5. Do I just need more coats of paint (3 or 4 total)?
A5. Follow the transducer paint manufacturer's instructions.

Q6. OK to use green Scotch Brite to clean up the white spots?
A6. Yes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Anti fouling on RV-220 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-27-20 02:46 PM