Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radar no longer functioning
06-10-16, 12:50 PM
Radar no longer functioning
Hello: I have a Raymarine 18" Digital Radome (serial #: 0230802) operating with a c95 MFD that has been working without problem for a couple of years. I recently replaced my old Autohelm 300 autopilot operating via a seatalk to SEATALKng converter (I know...but, it worked great!). Before commissioning, I upgraded the software to the c95 and all connected devices (i70, p70, act-400, ev1 sensor) to the latest Lighthouse 17 release.

During and immediately after commissioning I was able to test and confirm that the radar unit was working - I did have to re-set the alignment, but that seemed to go well. This was all a few days ago.

Yesterday and today, the c95 says that there is no Radar connected. I have re-read all of the installation instructions - checked every connection - read all FAQ's from the support website - have tried "re-booting" the radar with fully charged battery, charger still running. The radar leads are receiving 12.97v. The c95 is not recognizing that the Digital Radar is connected, but, it is - and it is receiving adequate power direct from its own circuit breaker on the panel. All SeaTALKhs connections have been confirmed solid. Is there any other troubleshooting I can do - or should I send the unit to the repair shop? (its still under warrantee, valid until 7/10/2017)

Thanks, in advance.

Lloyd Bray

s/v "Palio"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-16, 01:38 PM
RE: Radar no longer functioning
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lloyd,

It is recommended that power to the radome alone be switched OFF and then ON again while the MFD remains powered ON. Should the problem persist, then it is recommended that the radome be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be serviced.
07-07-16, 12:52 PM
Hello, Chuck:

Thanks for your response - I tried off/on method with no result - so I sent the unit in for repair.

I received my repaired 18” 4KW Radome a few days ago (notification 30258798) and connected it to my c95 MFD. I very much appreciate Raymarine servicing the unit under warrantee, however….

While the MFD does now seem to be “seeing” the radome, it still will not connect to it. Under the Home Page/RADAR, I get a dialogue box that says: "Radar 4kW 18” Digital Radome (-30802) Off/Not connected” (it most definitely is connected and switched “on” under its own circuit) There is a button in the dialogue box that says “On” - when I click it, the unit says it is“connecting to radar” but comes back with the message: “No radar source found”. As I say, the unit is connected and tests positive for 12 volts at the connection where the cable plugs into the radome. I have tried the off/on method as well - no soap.

I am attaching the sheet that came with the repaired unit - and diagnostic files from both the c95 MFD and the 4kW 18” Digital Radome. Incidentally, the diagnostic file is reading the serial number differently - what can that mean, I wonder?

I also wonder if this may be a software issue that could be cleared up by a factory reset? I would appreciate further instructions on this matter. Thanks again for your help!

Regards,

Lloyd Bray
07-07-16, 02:59 PM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Llyod,

Indeed it would be recommended that the waypoint, route, and track data be saved to a microSD memory card and that a System Settings & Data Reset (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->SYSTEM SETTINGS & DATA RESET) command then be executed to address a radar problem with the symptoms reported.
07-07-16, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-16 07:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck:

That worked! THANKS!

Cheers,

Palio
07-08-16, 07:59 AM
You're welcome.