Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the most appropriate autopilot to control a 30hp outboard used for trolling?
07-21-16, 10:10 AM
RE: What is the most appropriate autopilot to control a 30hp outboard used for trolling?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum pkell,

Raymarine has not offered the Sport drive for some time now. While the T70156 EV-200 system pack with an Octopus type R drive may have been specified for an I/O system, it would not be recommended for the outboard trolling motor unless the I/O drive was mechanically attached to the outboard motor to synchronize steering ... and the later would typically require that the I/O engine be running. Autopilots for power boats are specified based the type of steering is presently in place for the drive(s) / rudder(s). In this case, it is recommended that you consider contacting Aero Marine Services ( http://www.aeromarineservices.com/AMS%20...oducts.htm ), as this Great Lakes dealer/installer specializes in mating Octopus drives to Raymarine autopilot products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the most appropriate autopilot to control a 30hp outboard used for trolling? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-21-16 10:10 AM