Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
08-21-18, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-18 02:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
James,

Q1) Will Axiom support my present Digital 48" open array radar RA1048D?
A1) Raymarine did not produce a RA1048D. However, Raymarine has produced a RA1048HD and a RA1048SHD. Both of the latter, as well as any currently and previously manufactured Raymarine radar transducers featuring an Ethernet communications interface is and will continue to be compatible with Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs.

Q2) Is Sirius XM weather now supported with Axiom Lighthouse 3? (I realize that my SR-100 will need to be replaced but I like the Sirius XM product.)
A2) Yes. A SR150 SiriusXM Satellite Weather / Radio Receiver is required.

Q3) Can/ or should the DSM-300 be integrated into the Axiom displays? It has been the single problem area of my ten year old system and I don't mind replacing it.
A3) The DSM300 and DSM30 are not supported by LightHouse 3 software. Owners of these devices are typically recommended to replace a DSM30 or DSM300 with a CP370.

Q4) What is the future for the eS series?
A4) Due to processing limitations of the eS/gS Series MFDs there will come a point at which LightHouse software development for eS/gS Series MFDs will cease, while LightHouse software development for the Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs will continue. At that point, those seeking to maintain their Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs with the latest software may need to either replace their eS/gS Series MFDs with Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs or disconnect their eS/gS Series MFDs from the system's Ethernet network (thereby reducing data/resources sharing between the eS/gS-Series MFDs and the Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-21-18 03:07 PM