Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
10-15-19, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-19 03:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
Thank you very much for your reply. You are helping me to sort through this. The nice thing about the Axiom and Axiom Pro system is that it can be built in pieces if I understand you, so the cost can be spread out over a couple of winter projects (Great Lakes). We can add more peripherals in the future. This year I will install the MFD's, retain or change transducers, and install dedicated power for the electronics as a minimum. Later I can address upgrading the autopilot among other peripherals.

I have a few new questions for you, now that we know I can use the radar and analogue cameras:

1) I will get an Axiom 12 (E70368) and will pair it with an Axiom Pro, either the Pro S or the Pro RVX. You mention that your preference is to add the RVX1000 sounder black box so you would choose the Pro S? The RVX1000 adds to the cost so can I delay the RVX1000 until later and put a transducer directly connected to the MFD, or do you advise it be done right away? Does the RVX1000 give an advantage to the Pro S unit over the Pro RVX unit?

2) I will check my connection of the P319 transducer but it is probably a seven pin so I would need an adapter depending whether I put it directly into the MFD or the RVX1000. (I am ruling out the CP370 since I may eventually want the 3D sonar coverage.) Is there a better CHIRP transducer option like the CPT-S transducer for example?

3) How do I determine whether I need an offset transducer or a pair of Realvision transducers? I suppose I have to measure the deadrise at the point in the hull where the transducers live?

4) I am guessing that my DSM300 is no longer practical and I should get rid of it, possibly keeping the transducer only?

5) Is my SR100 of any use going forward (don't have the SR150)? I plan to upgrade to the SR200 but will prioritize that only if the SR100 cannot be intergrated into the new system.

Thanks for your answers Chuck. I will find out which autopilot course computer I have and whether it can be used to support the Track mode.

James
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration - JP460 - 10-15-19 04:05 PM