Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
10-16-19, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-19 12:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
James,

Q1a) I will get an Axiom 12 (E70368) and will pair it with an Axiom Pro, either the Pro S or the Pro RVX. You mention that your preference is to add the RVX1000 sounder black box so you would choose the Pro S?
A1a) Correct

Q1b) The RVX1000 adds to the cost so can I delay the RVX1000 until later and put a transducer directly connected to the MFD, or do you advise it be done right away?
A2b) The RVX1000 need not be purchased until the RV transducer(s) is installed. In the interim, the DSM300 (if operational) may be retained to supply the system with traditional 50kHz/200kHz fishfinder sonar features.

Q1c) Does the RVX1000 give an advantage to the Pro S unit over the Pro RVX unit?
A1c) Yes. Sonar signal can be degraded by electrical noise such as that from closely located circuits not associated with sonar processing. By moving the fishfinder circuitry to a dedicated black box (i.e away from electrical circuitry which is responsible for the MFD's other features), the sonar performance may be increased.

Q2a) I will check my connection of the P319 transducer but it is probably a seven pin so I would need an adapter depending whether I put it directly into the MFD or the RVX1000. (I am ruling out the CP370 since I may eventually want the 3D sonar coverage.)
A2a) I suspect that your going to find that P319 is directly connected to the DSM and as such may later be adapted for use with the RVX1000. As indicated above, it may be used with the DSM300 in the interim.

A2a) Is there a better CHIRP transducer option like the CPT-S transducer for example?
A2b) The P319 will typically provide the best bottom tracking while on plane and as such it is recommended that it be retained.

Q3a) How do I determine whether I need an offset transducer or a pair of Realvision transducers?
A3a) It would be necessary to inspect the hull to determine whether the keel features a flat, direct downward facing surface in the desired installation location which may accommodate the 0 degree RV thru-hull. Hull such as your will typically require a RV thru-hull tilted element pair. The model of thru-hull pair would be based upon the vessel's deadrise in the installation location.

Q3b) I suppose I have to measure the deadrise at the point in the hull where the transducers live?
A3b) Correct.

Q4) I am guessing that my DSM300 is no longer practical and I should get rid of it, possibly keeping the transducer only?
A4) See the response to Q2.

Q5) Is my SR100 of any use going forward (don't have the SR150)? I plan to upgrade to the SR200 but will prioritize that only if the SR100 cannot be intergrated into the new system.
A5. Negative. Systems running LH3 software are exclusively compatible with the SR150 and the SR200 (replaced the SR150). As Raymarine no longer produces SiriusXM Satellite Weather Receivers which are compatible with MFDs running LHII software and the models of MFDs which preceded them, those upgrading to MFDs running LH3 software are advise to privately sell (ex. ebay, Craigs List, etc.) their SR100 or SR6, as there is a fair demand for these products by those desiring to add SiriusXM Satellite Weather/Radio capabilities to their legacy Raymarine systems.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-16-19 04:06 PM