Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
08-10-16, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-19 12:23 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum James,

Q1) Because the MFD are less deep, I can now fit two 12" screens. I spoke with Ron yesterday at HQ and he suggested both the eS127 and eS128. He said I can have two different sonar images running simultaneously that will not interfere. What transducers do you recommend? I have the DSM transducer there presently along with a transom mount secondary for the Tridata.
A1) The currently installed DSM300 (along with the transducer) may be interfaced to the Ethernet Network to which the eS127, eS128, HD Digital Radar, and SR100 will each interfaced. As a SeaTalkhs Network Switch is presently installed onboard, the new MFD's will simply be adapted to be mated to the currently installed SeaTalkhs Cables which are presently connected to the E80 and E120.

Q2) I really depend on my SR 100 and apparently I can retain that. Is a bridge connector required?
A2) The SR100 can be retained for use with the eS-Series MFDs as it has been onboard my own boat. As the SR100 is interfaced to a SeaTalkhs Network Switch, not changes need be made to the installation of the SR100.

Q3) Do I need a new bus now? I believe I have the Hsb2 and would need SeaTalk NG?
A3) As the present system includes ST60 Tridata and the a/c/e/eS-Series MFDs do not support SeaTalk communications protocol, it will be necessary to install a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter to support communications between the new an old system. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should the ST60 Tridata be replaced with an i50 Tridata, then it would simply be interfaced as a spur to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone to which the Data Master eS-Series MFD and Evolution autopilot components have each also been interfaced as a spur to.

Q4) I want to get the new Evolution autopilot. Although my type 1 pump still functions, it's getting old. I plan to upgrade to a type 2. So do I assume that I should be opting for a EV 400 power boat configuration pack?
A4) Within hydraulically steered vessels, the pump is sized to the cubic capacity of the steering ram. Moving up to a Type 2 pump would only be recommended if the cubic capacity of the steering ram fall within the specifications of the pump. The cubic capacity of the steering ram is generally stamped onto the ram or to a plate affixed to the ram.

Q5) The heart of this conversion is that my HD Digital radar should be compatible, correct? Otherwise I have to re-think this.
A5) HD Digital Radomes and HD Digital Open Array Pedestals are both compatible with the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs.

Q6) Later I will assess adding a WiFi antenna, modern Tridata or other but wish NOT to cut holes in the dash. (The autopilot swap will require a bit of minor cosmetic surgery on the dash.)
A6) The i50 Tridata is designed to fit directly in place of a ST60 Tridata.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Questions on a New Configuration - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-10-16 03:41 PM