Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST70 wont run calibrate vane test
09-12-16, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-16 09:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: ST70 wont run calibrate vane test
Chuck hoping you can help - here is some more information:

Red to shield voltage was unsteady at first ranging from 6.9V - 7.2V. I noticed two wind vane cables leaving the junction block at the base of the mast. Knowing only 1 cable needs to go to the iTC5 I disconnected the other. I'm not sure where it was going or for what. After doing this the red to shield voltage improved to a more steady 7.7V to 7.8V. The other voltages were within range and obviously fluctuated slightly with wind speed and direction changes. I upgraded ALL the software to the latest versions as well.

All that being said and done I tried another calibrate wind vane process on the water with no luck. Tried several times in both directions with the test only getting to 6% again.

I also found no ground terminal connection on the X30 at all.....I read that that can cause instruments to not work properly. I attached a ground from the terminal on the X30 to the grounding bar coming from the batteries. This did nothing to help the problem. Every time I "adjust vane" manually for the true wind at the dock and then align it to the apparent wind when underway they work against each other and end in an erroneous true wind display.

Andrew
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ST70 wont run calibrate vane test - Andrew41 - 09-12-16 06:39 PM