Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P70 with S2 FW Update and System Detection
11-01-16, 01:12 PM
RE: P70 with S2 FW Update and System Detection
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jordan,

Q1) How do I update the P70 FW?
A1) The software of the p70/p70R autopilot control heads are designed to be updated via a MFD having a SeaTalkng communications interface (ex. a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD, C/E-Series Widescreen MFD, A/E-Series Classic MFD, GPM400). Alternatively, the p70/p70R may be updated by a Certified Raymarine Installer or by sending the p70/p70R to Raymarine's Product Repair Center.

Q2) When I'm in the P70 menu Setup-->System-Setup-->Data Sources, any data source I select causes a reboot and the message "No Control Head". Is this expected behaviour?
A2) The Data Sources feature is exclusively designed for p70/p70R autopilot control heads which have been installed as a SeaTalkng device rather than a SeaTalk device, as the p70/p70R would have been when interfaced to a system such as yours. Unlike SeaTalkng, SeaTalk communications protocol was limited to a single source of any specific type of data (ex. GPS, wind, depth, speed, etc.).

Q3) How do I set the time/date?
A3) Marine electronics systems are dependent upon a GPS sensing device to supply the system UTC date and time. Some devices, such as the p70/p70R, permit the operator to configure a time offset (referred to as a Zone Description (ZD) in navigational terms) (MENU->SET-UP->USER PREFERENCES->TIME & DATE ->EDIT->TIME OFFSET) to permit the device to in turn convert UTC date / time data to local date / time data.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: P70 with S2 FW Update and System Detection - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-01-16 01:12 PM