Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
auto pilot ev 200
11-09-16, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 11-10-16 02:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
auto pilot ev 200
I am still am having trouble with my autopilot as described in Sept 2015t technical support forum. If I am trolling and have a port or starboard rudder on, when engaging the auto pilot it will automatically return to neutral rudder and then try and steer to the required setting. When this happens, the boat is usually unable to compensate ant the alarm sounds/

I am trying to have this resolved while still under warranty and hope there are some new ideas.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-16, 02:41 PM
RE: auto pilot ev 200
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum farfetched,

Has the autopilot been fitted with a rudder reference transducer?
11-11-16, 04:03 PM
I just looked, and I do have the indicator. That is what is providing me with information about rudder position and then I watch as the autopilot is engaged and then moves to neutral position
11-15-16, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-16 03:40 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
farfetched,

What versions of software are installed in the Evolution autopilot's EV-1 Sensor Core, ACU200, and p70/p70R Autopilot Control Head? Please additionally note that Evolution autopilots support a feature referred to as "virtual rudder" which displayed in systems lacking a rudder reference transducer. This virtual rudder will be displayed when the autopilot is in Auto or Track mode. When your autopilot is in Standby mode, is the rudder bar displayed on the autopilot control head responsive to movement of the vessel's wheel?
11-16-16, 10:18 AM
I will have to get to the boat in storage to get software version. This was a full install including the rudder reference indicator. The kit included the ev 1, acu 200r, p 70 r and a rudder reference indicator. The software that was installed would have been around the time of purchase which was around Feb of 2015. Is the software version available from the p70 display?

I have reviewed the install instructions for new software and will need instructions from someone on how to install. I do not have a raymarine mfd

The rudder indicator moves as the wheel is turned while in standby.

I am hoping that we can solve this under the warranty limits

thanks
11-16-16, 11:17 AM
farfetched,

There have been several performance related software updates to the EV-1 Sensor Core, ACU-200, and p70/p70R Autopilot Control Heads since Feb 2015. Accordingly, these would be considered to be the first steps taken to address the symptoms reported. Should the problem persist and a rudder reference transducer be interfaced to the autopilot, then it would be recommended that the rudder reference transducer be tested per the FAQ found here. Software updates are not covered by Raymarine's product warranty. The software updates to the Evolution autopilot components (EV-1 Sensor Core, ACU-200, and p70/p70R Autopilot Control Heads) must be installed via an Raymarine MFD having a SeaTalkng communications interface. Alternatively, the software may be updated a Certified Raymarine Installer or the autopilot components may be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to have the software updated. The latter may be the most convenient and lowest cost option in having the updates performed. While Raymarine's Product Repair Center will typically perform such updates for the $90 bench check fee, it is recommended that the Repair Center (603.324.7900) be called for pricing.
11-16-16, 12:19 PM
I will keep trying my local repair person and installer. thanks for your help
11-16-16, 01:28 PM
You're welcome.