Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating transducers
08-14-17, 01:41 PM
RE: Updating transducers
Dave,

Q1. 1. So to clarify, I would only need one transducer. I replace the old ST60 depth t/d with a compatible transducer to the fishfinder that links via the SeaTalkHS to the C90W which repeats that info to the depth instrument. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best, eh?
A1. Correct.

Q2. I'll replace the paddlewheel and see how that works. In fact along with the inaccurate temp, the speed info is low as well. Am I correct that this is related?
A2. As indicated within the previously referenced FAQ, +/9.9 degrees of temperature adjustment are supported within the ST60 instrument's settings. The FAQ addresses what should be done if the reported temp error is greater than 9.9 degrees. Similarly, speed may be calibrated via the instruments settings. However, as paddlewheel transducers have non-linear errors, the reported speed will be most accurate when operating the vessel at the speed at which the instrument was calibrated. Raymarine also offer instruments (i.e. i70S w/iTC-5) which offer multi-point speed calibration to support greater accuracy across a wider range of speeds.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Updating transducers - tidallife - 11-17-16, 12:41 PM
RE: Updating transducers - DaveW - 08-10-17, 06:21 PM
RE: Updating transducers - DaveW - 08-14-17, 01:33 PM
RE: Updating transducers - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-14-17 01:41 PM