Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between S2 NMEA ports
11-23-16, 11:44 AM
Difference between S2 NMEA ports
Hello -

On my S2 (which is connected to a Navdata), I only get GPS data from NMEA port 2 (tx), NMEA port 1 tx is sending something, but its not GPS data.

What is the difference between the two NMEA ports on the S2?

Thanks
- Jordan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-16, 12:29 PM
RE: Difference between S2 NMEA ports
Jordan,

Please note that Raymarine's autopilot's are not generally designed to function as data bridging devices. A supported data bridging is typically limited to the set of data items which are required for an autopilot to perform its functions as an autopilot. It is generally recommended that the NMEA 0183 port of a MFD or an E85001 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter (retired) be used for such data bridging purposes. With respect to the NMEA 0183 ports of a S2, S2G, S3, and S3G Autopilot course computer, only heading and rudder angle NMEA 0183 sentences are transmitted from the course computer's Port 1 OUT port.
11-23-16, 05:59 PM
Thanks very much! I'd there a difference between nmea-in (Rx) ports 1 and 2 with respect to which sentences they recognize?
11-23-16, 06:23 PM
Jordan,

The S2 autopilot course computer's NMEA 0183 input ports are identical with respect to the NMEA 0183 sentences supported. The full list of supported NMEA 0183 sentences supported may be found within the autopilot course computer's installation and commissioning guide.