Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In line fuse question
11-24-16, 01:43 PM
In line fuse question
I am installing a new ap Autopilot EV 400 sail, es97 mfd, quantum radar and i70 instrument pack. I have read the wiring info in the post. I still have a couple of questions to ensure I am protecting the system. I am powering the EV 400, mfd, and radar on there own dedicated lines. From the information I can find I believe the following to be true.
The 400 will have a 30 amp breaker,
the mfd a 15 amp breaker,
the radar a 15 amp breaker,
The pilot drive is an octopus hydraulic rated at 20 amp which will receive power from the auto pilot.
The backbone will be supplied with its own direct line which will power the instruments and associated sensor core itc 5 etc. Running power into the backbone will come from a 15amp breaker at the panel and be run into a blue sea AGC fuse block #5015 then into the backbone.
The fuse I am using here will be a 5 amp fuse. All will have RF grounding as well.

1. Does this wiring and fuse rating sound correct?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-16, 11:59 AM
RE: In line fuse question
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum tjeeagles,

Quantum radome power cables should be protected with a 5A fuse or 5A breaker rather than a 15A breaker as you have indicated. The MFD's power cable would be properly protected with a 15A breaker as you have suggested. The circuit supplying power to the ACU400 should be protected with a 40A fuse or 40A breaker rather than a 30A breaker as you have indicated. As you have suggested, the SeaTalkng Power Cable which will be powering the SeaTalkng backbone should protected with a 5A fuse or 3A breaker.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply