Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What could be wrong with my EV-100 autopilot?
11-29-16, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-16 10:06 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: What could be wrong with my EV-100 autopilot?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dove,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the subject of autopilot selection. This information may also be found on the Hydraulic tab of Raymarine's Drive Unit Selection web page and Table 1-1 of the Raymarine Hydraulic Pump Installation Guide. As product specifications and product documentation are subject to change, it is recommended that customers seeking the latest product specifications consult Raymarine's product web pages and the latest Raymarine product manuals accessible via Raymarine's Manuals and Docs web page.

Unfortunately, it appears that the autopilot selected for and installed on this boat is not correct. The Seastar HC5345 steering ram has a cubic capacity of 8.34 cu. in.. The cubic capacity of this steering ram exceeds the maximum cubic capacity supported by the 0.5 Hydraulic Pump (6.7 cu. in.) included with an EV-100 Power. This upper limit is also driven by the limited power output of the ACU-100 Acutuator Control Unit. Given the cubic capacity of the boat's steering ram, the Type 1 Hydraulic Pump (supports 4.9 cu. in. to 14 cu. in.) included with the EV-200 Power should have been purchased and installed onboard this boat. Installation of an under-spec'ed autopilot will result in shorted life of the autopilot and symptoms such as you have reported. Should this EV-100 Power have been purchased from and installed by a Certified Raymarine Installer, then it would be recommended that the installer be contacted regarding this issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What could be wrong with my EV-100 autopilot? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-29-16 05:04 PM