Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What could be wrong with my EV-100 autopilot?
11-30-16, 08:55 AM
RE: What could be wrong with my EV-100 autopilot?
Dove,

The diagnosis of this problem was greatly aided by the detailed list of hydraulic steering components which you had provided. The problems which you are trying to overcome are the result of the hydraulic pump being unable to pump sufficient fluid volume at the required pressure to overcome the forces within the steering system. Unfortunately, the only recommendation that would have been offered to improve performance would have been to configure the Response Level to Performance. The additional demands placed on the pump and ACU may also result in shortened life of these components. With respect to replacing components to turn the existing system into an EV-200 Power, the ACU100 would need to be replace with an ACU200 and the Type 0.5 Hydraulic Pump would need to be replaced with a Type 1 Hydraulic Pump. All of the other components (EV-1 Sensor Core, p70R Autopilot Control Head, and SeaTalkng backbone) would be retained when replacing the ACU and hydraulic pump.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What could be wrong with my EV-100 autopilot? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-30-16 08:55 AM