Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
connecting CW-series with E-classic
02-27-17, 01:28 PM
RE: connecting CW-series with E-classic
dbernal,

Q1) can i have 2 SeaTalkhs Network Switches in a system. At the moment the existing SeaTalkhs Network Switch is by the lower helm and the radome cable will not reach it. If possible I can add an additional SeaTalkhs Network Switch to the upper station and connect the radome and C90W to it, then connect that switch to the other one in the lower helm. Is that possible?
A1) It is indeed possible to do as you have suggested. Were one to use SeaTalkhs Network Switches, then the two switches may be interfaced to one another via an appropriate length of Raymarine RJ45 (M) to RJ45 (M) Ethernet Patch Cable.

Q2) At the moment the cable that is connected to the RS125 ends in bare wires. Your suggestion is connect the RS125 wire to the backbone using a Seatalk1 to Seatalk ng converter. However, the converter R52131 is a yellow Seatalk 1 plug. What can I use to plug into the R52131. Is this a A06047 to which I can splice the wires from the RS125?
A2) The A06047 is not applicable for such adaptation. Some current Raymarine products (ex. i50/i60 Instruments, i70 MFID, p70/p70R Autopilot Control Heads) are designed to support being used as direct replacements for corresponding retired Raymarine products (ex. ST60 Instruments, ST600x/ST700X/ST800X Autopilot Control Heads) and as such their communications interfaces may be interfaced to a SeaTalk bus (using the referenced R52131 Cable) or SeaTalkng backbone (via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable), but not both. Accordingly, the R52131 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Cable contains no microprocessor to support data bridging between the SeaTalk and SeaTalkng communications protocols. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter may be spliced to the Raystar 125 GPS Sensor's cable. The other end of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter would then be plugged into the yellow socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: connecting CW-series with E-classic - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-27-17 01:28 PM