Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commissioning Confusion
12-23-16, 01:02 AM
RE: Commissioning Confusion
I remember reading in the documentation to make sure you download and update the system with the latest software. I did not do this in my initial attempt. So I downloaded the software and updated both my MFD and my autopilot system. Reset everything to the factory defaults and tried again. This time it went more as I expected. I did the dockside wizard and then set out from the harbor to the open sea. I saw the bar indicating it was searching for magnetic fields. It took a few circles in both directions before it completed. When it did, it displayed a screen indicating the Max deviation was 4 degrees. The same number is shown in the pilot diagnostics. I did a few heading selections and it held the course quite impressively. I then did a cloverleaf pattern for a couple of spins and that worked well too.

I have a Teleflex power steering system and chose to go with their autopilot pump which attaches directly to their power steering pump and eliminates the need to add or cut any hydraulic lines. I also used the teleflex rudder reference smartstick which simply bolts onto their hydraulic system. It cost a little more to do it this way but it made the install much easier and they seem to be working flawlessly.

So I think I can say at this point the install was a success.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Commissioning Confusion - DFMott - 12-21-16, 03:18 AM
RE: Commissioning Confusion - DFMott - 12-23-16 01:02 AM