Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RealVision 3D™ sonar
02-16-17, 12:34 PM
RealVision 3D™ sonar
Will RealVision 3D™ sonar be compatible with eS series?

Can RealVision 3D™ sonar be used on a sailboat?

Will RealVision 3D™ sonar allow a sailboat to use the software to see in front of the boat?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-17, 02:20 PM
RE: RealVision 3D™ sonar
Lazybones,

Q1. Will RealVision 3D™ sonar be compatible with eS series?
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. Can RealVision 3D™ sonar be used on a sailboat?
A2. RealVision 3D™ sonar is primarily intended for use with power driven vessels. However, as Raymarine will be offering a RealVision 3D™ Sonar Thru-hull Transducer, it would be technically possible to outfit a sailboat with RealVision3D Sonar. In such installations, the transducer would likely need to be installed forward of the keel.

Q3. Will RealVision 3D™ sonar allow a sailboat to use the software to see in front of the boat?
A3. RealVision 3D™ Sonar is not forward looking sonar. While capable of producing a 3D image, it is essentially historical in nature (i.e. sonar data is captured as the bottom and water column pass beneath the transducer).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-16-17, 05:33 PM
I see that there are new All-In-One transducers coming out along with the Axiom MFD's. Will it be possible to use the combination of a CPT 100 transducer connected to an A series MFD with CHIRP DownVision (aX8 models) and a networked CP 200 / CPT 200 to use the RealVision 3D sonar?

I understand there could be an issue with aligning the resulting imaging created by the two independent transducers, but I would think it would be possible to achieve through some sort of calibration process.

1977 SeaRay SRV 240 SDB
Raymarine a78 / CPT100, EV-100 Power, CP200 / CPT 200, Ray60
Find all posts by this user
02-16-17, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-17 06:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum scoffer,

Q: Will it be possible to use the combination of a CPT 100 transducer connected to an A series MFD with CHIRP DownVision (aX8 models) and a networked CP 200 / CPT 200 to use the RealVision 3D sonar?
A: No. Unlike past DownVision and SideVision transducer designs, the RealVision 3D™ feature a built-in attitude and heading reference sensor to compensate for transducer misalignment with the fore-aft axis of the boats, roll, pitch, and yaw. This additional sensor within the transducer is in large part responsible for the high quality of the RealVision 3D™ Sonar imaging.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user