Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voyage Planner - Blank NOAA ENC Chart
05-01-17, 12:25 PM
RE: Voyage Planner - Blank NOAA ENC Chart
Thanks Chuck,
I think we might be comparing apples to oranges so let me ask you to do one more thing if you would please.

Yesterday here on the boat I did the following:

A. Uninstalled Voyage Planner and deleted all Directories and charts and rebooted twice
B Re-downloaded a new copy of VP and re-installed it.
C. Did a download from within VP of only the NOAA 07 FL East Coast and Keys chart region.
D. Opened one chart tab with ONLY the US5FL41M Chart
E Opened a second chart tab using "Open all charts in 07 Florida East Coast and Keys" command/link
F. centered both chart displays on 27deg 10.0 min N, 80 deg 10.8 min W which is right in the "crossroads" of the St Lucie Inlet and the ICW near Stuart FL.
I then went to the NOAA ENC Online viewer and centered it on the same location.

My attached image 01 is a screenshot of the NOAA ENC Online viewer which shows all the correct depth, marks, etc.

If you look at image 02 you will see the the VP chart tab that was opened with the ALL CHARTS in 07 option (E. above). Note there is the correct land mass but no data for the area of the US5FL41M chart. There IS data from the Okeechobee Waterway chart and there are depths offshore but noting in the ICW and the Inlet.

Now if you look at image 03, that is the VP chart tab with ONLY US5FL41M open, centered on that same inlet's Lat/Long. Depths but nothing else. Even the land mass is just the base map. Every other chart I have opened by itself displays all the data fine.

I was kind of shocked since i fully expected a clean re-install to do the trick. I am on the boat currently so I could not compare this to my other VP install on my desktop but I'm reasonably sure it would be the same.

So, just for fun, I downloaded the 10 Day Trial of Rose Point's Coastal Marine and did an identical Download of that exact same NOAA ENC 07 chart region.

My Image 04 is the Compass Marine display of that same St Lucie Inlet area and it is exactly like the NOAA Online view with all the relevant data displayed.

Would you please open a map tab in VP with ONLY the single US5FL41M chart on display and also check that same inlet location with all the FL charts open and see if you now get the same results?

For me (and I'm suspecting for you too since I did a clean re-install) it looks like VP is having some issue with something in that one set of US5FL41M files.
Thanks very much!
Doug

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Voyage Planner - Blank NOAA ENC Chart - dgpete - 05-01-17 12:25 PM