The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voyage Planner - Blank NOAA ENC Chart
04-17-17, 10:20 AM
Voyage Planner - Blank NOAA ENC Chart
Hi There,
Searched the forum but saw nothing so:
in Voyage Planner I have successfully imported and can open and use my Navionics+ charts, all the NOAA ENCs for the areas I sail with no issues, but in the 07-Florida East Coast group, the US5FL41M chart is completely BLANK. It shows a crude base map type FL coast with a red box outlining the chart area but there is no data beyond that.

I have re-downloaded the entire set three times and have tried it on both my laptop on the boat and my desktop at home and have exactly the same issue with only that chart so I assume it isn't my program/internet/etc.

So I then went to the NOAA site and downloaded the same US5FL41M chart which has 12 files in the cart folder. Same names but much larger than the ones in the Voyage Planner folder which makes sense if they have data and the VP ones do not, but after I replaced the same files in the VP folder, when I tried to OPEN them in VP it failed and I got multiple error message (6 I think, same number as chart files in the folder.)

My question is does Voyage Planner DL these directly from NOAA and if so, why will it not open the ones I DLed directly and replaced, or am I getting these NOAA ENC charts thru a Raymarine Server that has this bad chart? or??
And is it possible/ok to DL charts directly from NOAA? and IF yes, what did I do wrong to get the error messages/fail to open the charts??? I checked the HELP files but no joy...
I'm lost.... ;-)
Thanks very much for any help!
Doug
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Voyage Planner - Blank NOAA ENC Chart - dgpete - 04-17-17 10:20 AM