Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragonfly 5 Pro sonar log file problem
05-08-17, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-17 12:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Dragonfly 5 Pro sonar log file problem
Chuck,

I have been working with the Navionics tech support since receiving your reply above, They say that my log files are uploading correctly and have no explanation for why only part of the trip is included in the DepthInfoLog.sdf files. Per their instructions, I logged an entire trip on my DF5Pro and simultaneously on my Navionics Mobile app, and uploaded both to their tech support. The course maps are identical for the last hour or so, but the DF is missing everything prior to that. They think the problem is with the DF and that I should get back in touch with Raymarine for how to correct this.

I noticed that all but the most recent 2 of my DepthInfoLog.sdf files on the chip have the same date, which is probably the date of my last Navionics upload. It is confusing, because it looks as if every log ever created stays on the chip but gets stamped with a new file date every time I upload. I would have thought that once a log is uploaded to Navionics it is no longer needed and would be erased from the chip. How is this file handling between Navionics and Raymarine supposed to work? Also, the files all seem to be about the same size, around 260Kb, regardless of whether a trip was 2 hrs or 10 hrs. How can that be?

Do you recommend that I do a "factory reset" on my chip to see if that gets things working properly again? Other ideas?

Jim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dragonfly 5 Pro sonar log file problem - Jim_MI - 05-08-17 10:35 AM