Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom 9 Interface to I60 Wind Instrument Troubleshooting Approach Needed
07-06-17, 01:48 PM
RE: Axiom 9 Interface to I60 Wind Instrument Troubleshooting Approach Needed
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Dan,

Q1. Is there an approach, other than watching the wind indicator on the Sailing page in the Dashboard App, where I can monitor the I60 PGNs on the Axiom and detect the loss of the PGNs while flexing the cables?
A1. Unfortunately, LightHouse II does not support such diagnostics at this time. You may want to consider substituting the pod's T-Piece with a 5-Way Connector and then connect a NMEA 2000 Analyzer (ex. Actisense NGT-1 w/PC running Actisense NMEA Reader software, etc.) to the 5-Way connector when testing or monitoring SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications.

Q2. Since the databus is on its own breaker/fuse (common house battery bank), could cycling of power to the databus only cause the Axiom to perform a hard reboot?
A2. Switch power OFF or ON to the circuit supplying power to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone should have no effect on the Axiom MFD other than to cause the MFD to lose communications with whatever devices have been interfaced to the backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Axiom 9 Interface to I60 Wind Instrument Troubleshooting Approach Needed - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-06-17 01:48 PM