Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bennett NMEA1 (N2K) trim tabs & the AXIOM 9rv
07-26-17, 12:26 PM
Bennett NMEA1 (N2K) trim tabs & the AXIOM 9rv
I tried to search on the forum but came up empty handed.

Will the Axiom 9RV support the readout AND calibration of the Bennett Marine NMEA1 kit via the N2k network?

I seem to recall reading something on here about not being able to calibrate the sensors, making it essentially useless. Before I spend the bucks I'd like to know if there are any issues.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-17, 02:35 PM
RE: Bennett NMEA1 (N2K) trim tabs & the AXIOM 9rv
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum DSMINVA,

Unfortunately, like the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs which preceded them, the Axiom MFDs do not support calibration of third party NMEA 2000 sensors.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-26-17, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-17 03:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck

Is this something that Raymarine is working on in a new update?
It's kind of sad that a device like the Axiom would be unable to calibrate the data it's getting.

Does this also apply to the Mercury N2K smartcraft adapter? My understanding is there are calibrations that need to take place for this as well, trim position and tank levels come to mind.
07-26-17, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-17 08:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
DSMINVA,

A feature request has been previously logged to consider support for inclusion within a future LightHouse 3 software update. Raymarine products simply repeat the data which is received from third party NMEA 2000 devices. Any required calibration of a third party NMEA 2000 device would need to be performed per the product manufacturer's procedures. These procedures may include use of another product(s) from the sensor manufacturer and/or a computer. With respect to engine interfacing, please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. The only calibration item which typically come into play with engines is ensuring that the engine(s) have been assigned instance IDs which are consistent with the schema specified within the referenced FAQ. Should the instance ID(s) need to be changed, then Mercury Marine should be contacted for information concerning how to assign new instance IDs to the engine(s).
07-27-17, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-17 09:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck,

I understand what you are saying about repeating the data given to it, but if a sensor, of any kind is transmitting out a position of XYZ, the MFD needs to be setup to display XYZ data as being either at the top or bottom of the range that the MFD is capable of displaying.

When is this expected to be released?
07-27-17, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-17 09:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
DSMINVA,

Q1: I understand what you are saying about repeating the data given to it, but if a sensor, of any kind is transmitting out a position of XYZ, the MFD needs to be setup to display XYZ data as being either at the top or bottom of the range that the MFD is capable of displaying.
A1. Incorrect. When calibrated per the NMEA 2000 sensor manufacturer's instructions, the values transmitted by the NMEA 2000 sensor will be adjusted to match the data range for the respective data item.

Q2. When is this expected to be released?
A2. Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions. Raymarine has not yet announced a software update to included NMEA 2000 trim tab calibration.