Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pc connetion to my E127
08-03-17, 07:37 AM
Wink Pc connetion to my E127
I have purchased a voyage planner I would like to install my Platinum plus Navionics into the chart library Is that possible ? or do I need to remove chip from the e127 and install in to my PC so I could see the upgraded Lake Michigan chart ? Last year I believe I was looking at purchasing the Ray Tech navigation but instead I purchased the Voyage planner . I have read that the RayTech navigation (NOT AVAILABLE NOW)was able to connect to my E127 and what was on the screen would be on my PC, I have a very capable High Graphic lap top I use for 3 d drawing s . Can I hook up the pc to the e127 see the screen of the e127 on the pc In the voyage planner ? , and transfer new routs on to the e127 from my pc ? and if so witch cable do a need and would it be sea talk NG Thanks for all the help through my upgrade projects
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-17, 02:26 PM
RE: Pc connetion to my E127
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Larry,

Q1. I have purchased a voyage planner I would like to install my Platinum plus Navionics into the chart library Is that possible ? or do I need to remove chip from the e127 and install in to my PC so I could see the upgraded Lake Michigan chart ?
A1. Navionics charts are installed directly from one's Navionics chart card into the Voyage Planner software. Once the charts have been installed installed, the chart card will not be needed again by the Voyage Planner and may be brought back to the boat where it may remain.

Q2. Last year I believe I was looking at purchasing the Ray Tech navigation but instead I purchased the Voyage planner . I have read that the RayTech navigation (NOT AVAILABLE NOW)was able to connect to my E127 and what was on the screen would be on my PC, I have a very capable High Graphic lap top I use for 3 d drawings.
A2. RayTech RNS 6.1/6.2 software supported Ethernet communications with Raymarine's long retired E-Series Classic MFDs (E80, E120) and C-Series Widescreen MFDs. It was this high bandwidth Ethernet communications interface which permitted the RayTech RNS 6.1/6.2 software to support most of the features supported by the networked E-Series Classic MFD or C-Series Widescreen MFDs. RayTech software was never updated to provide such support for the MFD designs which succeeded the E-Series Classic MFD and C-Series Widescreen MFDs.

Q3. Can I hook up the pc to the e127 see the screen of the e127 on the pc In the voyage planner ?
A3. Negative. Voyage Planner is designed to function as a stand-alone navigational planning product and will not support integration with marine electronics. Waypoints and routes planned on Voyage Planner may be transferred to the MFD via a memory card ... in the case of a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs and Axiom MFDs via a compatible microSD memory card.

Q4. and transfer new routes on to the e127 from my pc ?
A4. See the response to Q3.

Q5. if so witch cable do a need and would it be sea talk NG Thanks for all the help through my upgrade projects
A5. N/A ... see the response to Q3
08-03-17, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-17 07:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for information I understand the Navionics card that I just upgraded I will install on my lap top . Perhaps if a I gave the right MDF unit I have it may help on the connection or not BUT To correct my mistake I Have a E 127 Hybridtouch MDF unit not a E Series classic unit I do not know if that would change answer 3,4,5 Thanks larry
08-04-17, 07:55 AM
Larry,

The correct name for your MFD is e127, not E127. The e127 MFD belongs to the generation of MFDs commonly referred to as the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. The answers provided within my initial response are correct and were stated knowing that you actually owned and e127 MFD.
08-05-17, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-17 04:33 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for in information that you have given me Larry
08-14-17, 04:33 PM
You're welcome.