Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] i60 True wind not working
10-16-17, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-18 04:50 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: i60 True wind not working
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum hwturn,

Your diagram is not reflecting how we would have typically recommended that these products would have been interfaced to one another, nor how the SeaTalkng backbone (which at this point only comprises the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter) would have been interfaced. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. The diagram also does not identify the model of autopilot course computer installed or how the SeaTalk bus is getting power. The preferred method of having interfaced these items to one another would have been that the i50 Instruments, i60 Instrument, and MFD each have been interfaced a separate spurs to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Should the i50 and i60 instruments each have two SeaTalkng sockets, then these three instruments may have been daisy chained to one another and then to a spur socket within the SeaTalkng backbone ... the maximum total length of the SeaTalkng Spur Cable used to create the daisy chain spur cannot exceed six meters. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, it would have then been recommended that the unpowered SeaTalkng bus (would contain the ST6xxx Autopilot Control Head and unnamed autopilot course computer) then be connected to the yellow SeaTalk socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. As indicated within the referenced FAQ, only the data (yellow) and ground (shield) leads of the SeaTalk Cable will be connected to the autopilot course computer SeaTalk port. Please again note that you have not specified the model of autopilot course computer within your diagram and that all autopilot course computer are not compatible with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter.

Should you elect not to interface your equipment within the manner specified, then it would be recommended that troubleshooting begin by creating a new 4-cell Data Panel within the MFD's Data application and that the data panel then be configured to display Heading, Speed (not SOG), AWA & AWS, TWA & TWS data items. Should the MFD be receiving any of these data items, then the communications path would be deemed to be operational between the MFD. When so configured within your MFD, which, if any of these data items is being reported as dashes? Please additionally specify the model of autopilot course computer which is installed within your system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] i60 True wind not working - hwturn - 10-14-17, 04:05 PM
RE: i60 True wind not working - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-16-17 03:04 PM