Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] i60 True wind not working
01-02-18, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-18 11:33 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] i60 True wind not working
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mick,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the data items required to calculate True Wind. Note that COG is not listed among the data items required to calculate True Wind.

- verify that each of the following products have been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates, and if not update the software within each:
----- e97 MFD
----- SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter
----- i60 Instruments
----- i50 Instruments

- Multiple sources of data are present within your system. Please verify that the MFD's Data Sources feature has been utilized to specify which data source will be used for any data item having two sources for such data (ex. depth, speed, wind, etc.)
----- verify that the MFD's Data Sources feature has been used to specify that the i50 Tridata or e97 MFD (your choice) will be serving as the system's Speed (STW) source.
----- verify that the MFD's Data Sources feature has been used to specify that the i50 Tridata or e97 MFD (your choice) will be serving as the system's depth source.

- verify that the settings within the Fishfinder application have been configured to specify the model of Fishfinder transducer which has been interfaced to the e97 MFD's Transducer socket.

- verify that the total length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable within any spur does not exceed 6m.

- verify that the SeaTalk bus is being powered exclusively by the SeaTalkng backbone. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Specifically the SeaTalk cable which has been interfaced to the ST4000+ must be cut and then its shield and yellow leads spliced back together, leaving the cable's red lead unspliced ... the latter red leads should be insulated to prevent shorting.

After having addressed the items listed above and should the problem persist, then please attach the MFD's Select Devices list to a response to this thread.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] i60 True wind not working - hwturn - 10-14-17, 04:05 PM
RE: [CA] i60 True wind not working - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-02-18 02:30 PM