Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] i60 True wind not working
01-05-18, 09:37 AM
RE: [CA] i60 True wind not working
Mick,

Q1. I *do* have a separate power cable off its own breaker going directly to the ST4000+ because of the autopilot's additional power requirement to drive the wheel.

A1. This is correct.

Q2. Since this line is powering the autopilot it's presumably also providing power to the Seatalk connection. It's easy enough for me not to turn on that breaker, but I still am unsure how that would make a difference. The problem seems to be related to the i60 not getting COG info from the e97 or speed info from the i50, both over STng.

A2. I have not directed that the autopilot's breaker be switched off. However, I have directed that the red lead within SeaTalk cable connecting it to the SeaTalk to SeaTalk Converter not be used, as it will backfeed power into the SeaTalkng backbone and potentially result in a ground loop. Two of the most common symptoms of a ground loop are partial or intermittent data communication. Please make the change recommended within my initial response regarding this SeaTalk cable.

After addressing A2, then please additionally see the comments within my initial response addressing multiple data sources, selection of the proper fishfinder transducer, and ensuring that that total length of the i50/i60 SeaTalkng spur.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] i60 True wind not working - hwturn - 10-14-17, 04:05 PM
RE: [CA] i60 True wind not working - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-05-18 09:37 AM